It is possible to use cannabidiol for better performance in casual esports games and common events, if not in global esports tournaments. The aforesaid piece of information may make you wonder why, as an esports gamer, would you like to use cannabidiol. To discover those reasons and the CBD health benefits to these gamers, let us look at what their world is like and what health concerns they experience.
The Challenging World Of Esports Gamers
As for several people, especially professionals, esports games are not something they would only like to play in their spare time. These are part of their lifestyle, plus a career option they can pursue. Surprisingly, some professional gamers get millions of dollars as tournament prizes.
Anyhow, a career in esports gaming has its own set of hurdles. The gamers experience a similar number of stress-inducing factors or situations to that of other professionals. If anything, the stressors are only more for them as compared to people from other professions.
That said, the gamers experience more issues than just stress. To succeed in esports, they have to be passionate, disciplined, always goal-oriented, as well as mentally sharp and focused. That means their world is not as enjoyable and pleasant as you might think. On that note, let us discuss some health issues associated with these gamers.
Health Concerns Of Esports Gamers
As with other forms of sports, these video games also come with some health risks. Esports gamers are likely to develop the following health issues.
- Median nerve compression, which is essentially an injury that occurs due to repetitive wrist movements. Some of the symptoms are numbness, weakness, and tingling in the hands.
- Chronic stress, depression, mental fatigue and burnout due to the pressure emerging from peers, family members and so forth.
- Nutrient deficiency and poor health due to skipping meals, dietary factors, as well as lack of physical activity and sleep.
- Collapsed lungs due to poor posture. Some of the pneumothorax symptoms are painful chest, shoulders, and back. It tends to come with breathing difficulties.
- Bad habits such as drug use. A few esports gamers consume drugs to make their concentration and overall performance better.
This is where cannabidiol can come in.
How Can Esports Game Players Benefit From Cannabidiol?
What you see in any CBD benefits list may also apply to the gamers. Cannabidiol can reduce pain, anxiety and stress, plus promote restful sleep. It can also affect cognitive responses. As per a recent study, the hemp compound can aid in improving cognitive functions. It also causes users to be more energized and alert. So, you might wish to use it as an alternative to focus-improving drugs and other standard prescription medication.